Tuesday, October 09, 2007

a little more serious

Ok blog fans here is a serious blog. I know you may not believe that it's in me, but here it goes.

For many years I've been struggling with wanting a career change. So far it has not worked out the way I thought it would or should. I have basically been unhappy in my current career and want a change.

A few years ago my wife's grandparents reminded me of Psalm 37:4 "
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."

At first glance someone might read this and think they should get everything they ask of God. I don't believe that is what the psalmist meant. I think that if we are seeking God, He will place those desires in our hearts.

So holding to this truth I have been waiting for the opportunity to leave my current career and pursue my dream job. Well all this waiting has been frustrating to say the least. Last week I read Psalm 37 again and the Lord reminded me of another part of this truth. The part I often forget is to be still and wait patiently. Psalm 37:7 tells us this
"Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes."

Deep down I know that it will all work out in God's timing, but while I wait it is hard to be still.

No comments: