Thursday, November 08, 2007

summer is finally over!?!?!?

It appears that summer in Texas is finally over. (I hope it is anyways) If you have read my profile, you will notice that I am not too keen on the lack of seasons in Texas. I have been told that if you don't like the weather in Texas, then wait and it will change. Well I have been waiting for a real winter for 8 years.

Hello....Mr. Winter where are you?!?

They should have told me if you don't like the heat and humidity, then wait and it will get worse. I guess the thing that bothers me the most about Texas weather is the fact that my hair gets so frizzy because of the humidity.

Now don't get me wrong I have loved our time in the "Lone Star State". We have made some lifelong friends and had some great experiences, but I would like to migrate north for some cooler weather.......and soon.

Speaking of heading north, I am really excited because we are going to try to go to the Chicago area around Christmas. I love the weather up there and love to visit the city. Now that my sis and her familia live there it gives me a good excuse to visit my favorite city at my favorite time of year.

2 comments:

Misty said...

Since when does your hair get frizzy? You don't have any... P.S. This will be our 9th winter in the great state of TEXAS! AND I LOVE IT!

Love,
Misty

Anonymous said...

I bet your hair is SO unmanageable during those hot and humid days...you know, they have great hair products to tame all that frizz. :)
Here you are complaining about the Texas weather and can't wait to head up here to Chi-town...well, let me tell ya' big bro...you can have these FREEZING COLD winters..go ahead, come get all the snow and take it back to Texas with you. :) What I wouldn't give to be back in San Diego or Florida this time of year...I LOVED NOT having the seasons!!! :) Guess I got spoiled by the beautiful weather year round and now that I have to put a heavy coat, gloves, and a hat on just to go get the mail that's 25 yards away...STINKS! :) However, I must say, today Chris and I were admiring how beautiful Fall really is...haven't seen that in years. :)
Anyway, we can't wait for you guys to come...hope your able to make it. We will have to the Christkindel Market. :)
Love You Guys,
~Valerie