Thursday, September 04, 2008

I am an American soldier.

Well Army Basic Combat Training is finally over!!
I arrived at Ft Jackson on June 24th and graduated on September 4th (one day early). Misty and I are staying tonight in a hotel provided by our wonderful family who came to watch me graduate today. So I thought I would take advantage of the free high speed internet access. It has been a long time since I have been on the internet or even touched a computer. The short time I have with my family is important so this will be short.

First, a huge thank you to all who have been praying for me. Without God's guidance and strength I would not have made it through some of the tasks I endured. Yes, there were many lonely, frustrating, and hard times, but through it all I knew that God was in control.

The next phase of training will be the Army School of Music. At this time I do not know what to expect. A very common phrase from our drill sergeants during training was "plan for the worst and hope for the best". Well my hope is in an awesome and mighty God and once again I place it all in God's hands. If He can get me through BCT, He can get me through the next phase. In the words of a good friend "where God calls you, He will equip you and where God leads you, He will provide." He's never failed me, so here we go!

No comments: