Wednesday, November 05, 2008

the small things

During the last few months I have learned to truly appreciate the small things in life. This time apart from my wife, my family and my friends has made me realize how important relationships are. The past two weeks I have been blessed by being able to spend time with Misty.

Two weeks ago we spent the entire weekend together for the first time since June 24 (when I left for basic). We did not do much, but really enjoyed our time together. We just stayed on or around the base the whole weekend. We were able to go to church together again which was awesome and walk on the beach here on base.












Then this past weekend Misty picked me up and we spent the weekend at Mason and Sarah's house. We had a great time just chillin' playing Playstation and Wii bowling and watching TV. I do have to admit that the highlight of my weekend, besides spending time with Misty, was seeing Sebastian for the first time since June 23.
I hope the next few months are filled with moments like these. These are truly blessings from God.

No comments: