Friday, March 06, 2009

and now the adventure continues

Today I was awarded my MOS: 42R 09L.
I was also awarded the ASI: C1.
After 3 months @ BCT & 6 months @ AIT, the Army finally thinks I am ready.

Acronnym Legend:
BCT - Basic Combat Training
AIT - Avanced Individual Training
MOS - Military Occupational Specialty
42R - Army Band Member
09L - Army Band Saxophone Player
ASI - Additional Skill Indentifier (shows additional skills, training, and qualification a Soldier may possess, in addition to his/her MOS)
C 1 - MACOM band qualified (in the Army we call it a Charlie One)
MACOM - Major Army Command Band

The military is full of acronyms and even with a legend it is sometimes hard to understand so here is the basic translation.

I AM FINALLY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little further explanation about the ASI. Each music student who receives a score of 3.0 or higher on their final audition at the School of Music is awarded the ASI: C1. The "charlie one" qualifies musicicans to be placed in a MACOM band. There are only three MACOM bands in the Army and only musicians with this score are placed in these bands. I will not be going to one of the three MACOM bands yet, but now that I am C1 qualified it will open up more opportunities for us in the future.

We will soon began our travel to my first duty station where I will finally begin my new career.
So please continue to pray for us as we make these transitions and continue on this adventure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Hope to see you soon.

Jeff