Tuesday, January 15, 2008

answered prayers

I have been wanting to get this blog in for a while now, but we've been pretty busy lately.

As you have read, we were able to celebrate Christmas with my little sis and brother in law (and fam) in Chicago. We had a chance to just sit and talk about God and what is going on in our lives. It was awesome!! It is so inspiring to see these two so on fire. They have both recently restarted their journey walking with God and they are so excited about what they are discovering. It is awesome to see this in them, because I have been praying for them and for this to happen for many years now. In high school I was a very immature and judgmental Christian. I can remember conversations and arguments I had with my sis that I am sure turned her off from the whole church thing. Looking back I can't say that I blame her. Regardless, God is awesome and allows us to restart any time we need to. He forgives us when we fail Him and is just happy that we return to fellowship with Him.

What is even more awesome is how they are raising their children in a Godly manner. One huge example is how we celebrate Christmas. We did not just open gifts from Santa, but we had a birthday party for Jesus. We had a birthday cake even sang Happy Birthday to Jesus!! When you ask my niece what Christmas is about she will tell you that it is Jesus' birthday. Wow!!! The honesty of a child is so awesome!

I am so proud of Chris and Valerie both. They have been an inspiration to Misty and I.
Thanks guys. We love you!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the kind words and for your years of prayers. As always...God did answer and never gave up on us coming back to Him.
We just pray that our "fire" stays lit for the rest of our lives...as we continue to learn, worship, walk, and serve our Father.

Love You Guys & Miss You!
~Valerie