Monday, February 11, 2008

it's taco time!!

I am not sure what that means, but it sounds cool!! Each February Misty and I go to San Antonio for the annual TMEA convention. (TMEA stands for Texas Music Educators Association)
At the end of each day when it is time to close the HUGE exhibit hall, they announce the closing and say "it's taco time". Not sure why they say this, but it does make everyone hungry and we go eat, sometimes we even eat tacos! When I say this convention is huge that is an understatement. Last year over 15,000 music teachers attended the convention. The attendees of this convention include band, choir, orchestra, teachers from ranging from elementary to college level and thousands of elementary music teachers walking around with their little canvas bags. Although this is probably really interesting for all of you, this is not the point of this post.

While in San Antonio, I will be talking with the US Army Band again. On Friday I will audition for the second time. After the audition I will have 45 days to process and be sworn in. So we will just have to wait and see if the Lord is leading me in this direction. I would like to ask for your prayers during this time. Of course this what I really want, but my prayer is that I simply follow God's plan not mine.

I'll keep you posted on what happens next!

A little side note, I think that Mr. Strawberry and Mrs. Orange will be attending TMEA this year. Stay posted for their adventures in San Antone!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mason and I will be praying for you. We hope everything goes well and the Lord's will be done. Keep us posted.

Love you guys,
Mason and Sarah

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you. I have my Small Group praying for you too...can never have too many prayers...and we know that the Lord answers prayers, if it is in His plan. We wish you the best of luck. I know you will "blow" (no pun intended) them away.
Have a safe & blessed trip to San Antonio.
We Love You & Miss You both terribly,
Valerie