Saturday, May 17, 2008

run & not grow weary

28 Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:28-31 NIV

I can't wait to see the day when I run and not grow weary!!
Since January we have been exercising almost on a daily basis. I say we because Misty has been faithful to help me along in this process. It has been a great help to have her helping me through this. Since March 10 (when I officially joined the Army) we have been on an exercise program developed for "future soldiers". Of course part of the program is running. I am not a runner. I thought I was going to die the first time I had to start running. Unfortunately even weeks later I still feel the same way. It has become easier, but when my body gets used to the running then the program increases the level of intensity. I am up to running a full mile, but still need to shave off a couple of minutes. The entire time that I am running I am praying for strength to finish. And of course every time it works! I may be huffing and puffing and feeling close to death, but God gives me the strength to get through it!

Even if you are not literally running, we all face struggles where we need strength to get through it. In Isaiah 40:28-31 we are told that God will give strength to the weary and that those who put their hope in the Lord will have their strength renewed. I find great encouragement and comfort in these words. I believe that God cares about each and every little detail in our lives, even if it is something as trivial as getting in better physical shape. I hope that you find encouragement through this passage and pray that you too will be able to "run and not grow weary".

No comments: