Friday, June 06, 2008

oklahoma

Oklahoma where the wind goes sweepin' down the plain.

The wind sure was sweepin' last night, but we survived the storm. In fact I slept through it.

We are in OKC visiting my family. We got here Thursday afternoon and met Chris, Valerie, Kinley, and Kayden at the hotel. Then a couple hours later went over the Brandon and Jennifer's house to hang out.
It was so much fun to watch the kids interact. Kinley and Clayton remind me of Valerie and Brandon when they were younger. Especially Kinley's "desire to gently point others in the right direction" just like her mommy.

Well in closing I leave you with an excerpt from the musical "Oklahoma". Feel free to sing along if you would like.

We know we belong to the land
And the land we belong to is grand!
And when we say
Yeeow! Ayipioeeay!
We're only sayin'
You're doin' fine, Oklahoma!
Oklahoma
O.K. L - A - H - O - M - A
OKLAHOMA!
Yeeow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff. I hate Oklahoma's wind. It never stops. My eyes are becoming a large sandbox.

Brandon